Monday 17 January 2011

Book review: The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

The Crossing Places (Ruth Galloway, #1)The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When I bought this book on Amazon I had no idea that it was written in the present tense, not the past tense like most books. Although to begin with, that was a bit odd once I got into the book I forgot all about it. It's a great story and as well as the murder mystery you're introduced to Ruth's family and friends as well. The book is half murder mystery and half her story, so it's not for those who simply want a murder mystery to be solved, but I thought it was great. I even found myself laughing at some of the stuff she thought. The Crossing Places also has that grab. Even though not all the chapters ended in a cliffhanger I was eager to start reading the next chapter. I've already started reading the next one and it looks as though it'll be a five star now that I'm used to the tense.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment