Thursday 9 February 2012

Book review: From The Dead by Mark Billingham

From The Dead (Tom Thorne, #9)From The Dead by Mark Billingham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Mark Billingham. I've read several Tom Thorne books now and return to his world, like slipping into my favourite pair of jeans.
Thorne and his colleagues are funny, interesting and each of them have their own unique points and individualities. Being allowed inside Thorne's head I feel is a privilege and a very exciting and amusing place to be. His thoughts make the story come alive.
The story itself is certainly an interesting one after an infamous London gangster, thought to be dead is discovered to be alive. When Alan Langford starts bumping off informers, it's up to Thorne to track down the gangster and work out the identity of the charred remains they have found.
As always, you're kept guessing, right to the end, and with a short excursion to Spain, it's one of the best Thorne novels to date.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment