Thursday 13 June 2013

Book Review: The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme #1) by Jeffrey Deaver

The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme, #1)The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read The Bone Collector after watching the 1999 film of the same name staring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie, so I went in with characters already in my head, despite the descriptions in the book being different to both actors.
The other day I was discussing with a friend the different kinds of books you get, and I'm not talking genres. This book is a 'rip-roaring' read, in that, it's quick, fast-paced, full of tension and excitement. But once you've read it, it doesn't stay with you. Some of my favourite books I can remember great chunks of, I can clearly see images in my head, but this isn't the same with The Bone Collector.
I don't think Jeffrey Deaver is a bad writer at all. In fact, I think he's a great writer, for keeping up the suspense. I remember reading the book eagerly, each crime scene that Amelia Sachs processes and investigates is very descriptive and almost graphic in detail.
I also remember being surprised at the ending, which is different from the film, and the person responsible for the crimes was a shock, which I always like to be at the end of a mystery.
Overall, I enjoyed it, and would probably read some more by Jeffrey Deaver when in need of some quick thrills!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment