Wednesday 22 May 2013

Book Review: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'd heard that this book was amazing when it came out. That it was groundbreaking, and shocked all of it's readers. So I went into The Murder of Roger Ackroyd with excitement and anticipation.
Don't get me wrong, I love Agatha Christie and the characters she creates. I love Hercule Poirot although I always picture David Suchet in my head, and I love how the plot unravels bit by bit.
Poirot sees so much that other people miss, and it's clever how information is deduced.
My only complain, and it's my fault as opposed to the author's, and that's I worked out the ending. I like being held in suspense until the last minute, so for me I was disappointed. But, for it's time The Murder of Roger Ackroyd would have been shocking and an ending nobody saw coming. Unfortunately this isn't the 1930's. I look forward to my next Christie novel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment