Saturday 31 May 2014

Book Review: The Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris (Hannibal Lecter #2)

The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter, #2)The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Everyone is at least familiar with Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of the infamous Hannibal Lecter. I must be one of few people that hasn't seen The Silence of the Lambs however I am watching Hannibal on Sky at the moment.
So I went into this picturing the wonderful Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal, and Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford. However Jodie Foster was and always will be Clarice Starling.
What I didn't realise was that this wasn't the first in the Hannibal series. It is definitely the most famous, but I wasn't aware Red Dragon came before. Not that it matters because Thomas Harris writes his characters with such conviction and confidence.
The world of Quantico is so familiar now in different TV shows and films that it's easy to slip into this world of behavioural analysts, murderers, senators and policemen. It's well written, and every time Clarice meets Lecter you can feel the tension between them. Your skin crawls every time Hannibal speaks.
I don't want to give anything away, so I'm just going to encourage you to read this! Do it! Lose yourself in the infamous characters, the gritty dialogue and thrill of the chase.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment