Thursday 1 January 2015

Book Review: Unseen by Mari Jungstedt (Anders Knutas #1)

Unseen (Anders Knutas, #1)Unseen by Mari Jungstedt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My Mum has been banging on about these novels for while now and I eventually caved in and picked up the first in the Anders Knutas series.
I'm a big fan of Nordic Noir, but one thing I struggle with is the Scandinavian names. A lot of them seem very similar and occasionally I get confused with who is who.
I really enjoyed the description of the island of Gotland. Mari Jungstedt is brilliant at portraying the surrounding countryside and gives great depth and atmosphere to each scene.
Unseen had a really good plot. It may not be the most original idea, but the story kept me interested and kept me guessing. I had no idea who the murderer was right until the end, which was filled with tension and excitement.
I generally liked the majority of the characters too, Knutas was strong, friendly and sympathetic. The only character I didn't like was Emma, but I will leave that up to the reader to discover why.
Overall, a good, stable read and I look forward to reading more Mari Jungstedt in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment