Monday 21 December 2015

Book Review: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was recommended to me by my friend Helen and she is usually very good at recommendations. I would say that this book started with five stars and the more I read it, the more fed up I became. Although it was a very accessible book, I read it in two days.
Rainbow Rowell creates two likeable characters in Eleanor and Park. The story of them falling in love is sweet and full of those little moments you cherish when you start a relationship. For me, the pitfall of this book is the ending. I wanted to know what happened to Eleanor's family and the whole thing was just left without a conclusion, like the author gave up. Maybe there will be a second novel about them?
Even though I was born in the nineties the cultural references in this book are not lost on me and Rowell paints a perfect picture of the school, the neighbourhood in which they live and the supporting characters. I particularly liked Park's Mum.
Overall, an entertaining book, which ultimately left me unsatisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment