Wednesday 16 March 2011

Book review: The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy

The Return JourneyThe Return Journey by Maeve Binchy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy

I wanted to read something romantic and soppy and light hearted so my Mum recommended this, but it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. The writing is excellent, but some of the characters got on my nerves completely! Most of the women I wanted to shake and tell them to get a grip and to stop being so meek. All the women had dark curly hair as well, and several names crossed over from different stories which made it a bit confusing. There were a few gems in there, but the way women were represented was generally not in a good light. I wanted something giddy and a bit silly but generally that made me happy. Instead I got angry with the characters for not doing things simply because they didn't want to 'cause any fuss'.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment