Monday 7 November 2011

Book review: When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman

When God Was a RabbitWhen God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman
It was fair to say, when I started this book, I didn't have high hopes. The other books for book club weren't my cup of tea and the books I had been reading lately didn't ignite excitement. I needed a book I was passionate about, one that I couldn't put down and recommended to everyone. This was the book. It was breathtaking, made me laugh aloud and cry. Sarah Winman describes feelings, sounds and smells for each memory, making it come alive. The ecclectic characters are a joy to read about. Elly isn't particularly eccentric, but you share her joys and her pain with every word you read.
This truly is a magical read and I can't wait for more from her. In fact, I'm hoping for a sequel as this book ended far too quickly!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment