Saturday 24 December 2011

Book review: Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison by M.C. Beaton

Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison (Agatha Raisin, #19)Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison by M.C.Beaton

I haven't read an Agatha Raisin book in a long time, and starting this one felt like slipping on a comfy cardigan. I love Agatha, she's grumpy, is obsessed with men and always ends up getting herself in trouble. But she's a brilliant detective, which is why we love her.
The plot of this one, wasn't as tight as I'd have liked it to be. The person who committed the murders didn't really have a reason for it, and now thinking back, not all of the ends were tied up. But you can't help but be engrossed in Agatha's personal life, her dinner dates with Gorgeous George Selby and the goings on of her friends.
All in all, a welcome return home for me and it's about time someone made this into a TV series! With it's eclectic characters and beyond believable plot lines it would show Midsomer Murders a thing or two!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment