Thursday 22 December 2011

Book review: Carrie by Stephen King

CarrieCarrie by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Carrie by Stephen King

I've always thought King was my favourite author, and this book was just another to cement that fact. I didn't realise Carrie was his first book. If that had been the case I would have tried to read it first.
King has never, at any point in his life, been a teenage girl, so it comes as a surprise to find a believable story about a troubled teenager who just happens to have the power of telekinesis.
Before I started reading, I was unaware of the way the story was told, which I thought was very clever. Telling Carrie from different points of view, from different texts and books was genius!
The fact that it only took me two days, also shows how much pull this story had. Normally, although I'm a fast reader, it takes me a while to read Stephen Kind, I tend to savour it. But with this, I just had to find out what happened.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment