Tuesday 19 August 2014

Digging A Tunnel To China

Today's Daily Post asked a question which I knew the answer to immediately. It's an answer I've known ever since 2011.
You have the ability to build a magical tunnel from your home to anywhere in the world. I imagine most people would answer with some far flung exotic place they've always wanted to visit. For me, it's very different, it's my home town.
Friends and family are very important to me and seeing as a fair few of them still leave in East Sussex I would build a magical tunnel to the South, branching off towards Seaford, Barcombe, Bexhill and with a stop in London.
It's hard for my family to travel all this way with various commitments, and unfortunately my Dad isn't well enough to travel at all. For me, it takes five hours to get there, and that's providing there are no delays or any adverse weather. To be able to pop through the tunnel to have dinner with my Nan, visit my Dad would be just wonderful.
Although I don't dislike the journey, travelling to Sussex is such an ordeal. It takes a whole day's worth of travelling, so what starts off as a five day holiday quickly becomes three. The public transport where my Nan lives is absolutely appalling, so once I'm at her house I can't really get anywhere else.
Then there's the luggage, if I'm staying a week I need a wheeled suitcase and taking that on the underground is certainly not fun.
I've realised this is becoming a moan about public transport so I'm going to cut it short. A tunnel to Sussex would just be a dream come true. Or teleportation, I'm not particularly fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment