Tuesday 8 March 2016

Book Review: Disclaimer by Renée Knight

DisclaimerDisclaimer by Renée Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What originally drew me to Disclaimer by Renée Knight was the original concept. Catherine opens a book to discover that she is the main character and the author knows secrets that only she and one other person has knowledge of. Secrets that she has kept her whole life.
This was a real page turner. I couldn't wait to find out what happened to Catherine and her family and how the story would unfold. However my main criticism with this novel is the characters. They are well thought out and thoroughly developed but maybe that's the problem. I didn't like any of them and when there isn't one sympathetic character I tend to lose interest a bit. I cannot invest my emotions in people I don't like! Despite this, the twist at the end was well worth waiting for and after passing it on to a friend, they really liked it and didn't have the same issues that I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment