Tuesday 12 April 2016

Book Review: The Bones of You by Debbie Howells

The Bones of YouThe Bones of You by Debbie Howells
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a random purchase at Brighton Train Station when I finished my other book early. The Bones of You is about a teenage girl that goes missing and all the secrets that surround her family and life.
I really enjoyed the pace of this book. From the start I was hooked and I couldn't wait to find out the young girl's fate. As always, no character appears as they seem and the secrets are revealed thick and fast with twists and turns aplenty. I also enjoyed the two sides of the story. We are taken back through Rosie's life to certain events that all link to her disappearance.
To a point I liked Kate, the main character, a local gardener and good friend to Rosie's mum, Jo. She is interesting and her curiosity propels the story along. However, as with most crime fiction, that does not feature a detective, the lead character can come across as nosy. Half of the time I wanted to shout at her to mind her own business. Plus some of the things she did made me roll my eyes more than once.
Overall, a decent thriller with an interesting concept, however I worked out who the culprit was before the very end and that always disappoints me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment