Monday 4 April 2016

Book Review: A Night in with Marilyn Monroe by Lucy Holliday (Libby Lomax #2)

A Night in with Marilyn Monroe (Libby Lomax, #2)A Night in with Marilyn Monroe by Lucy Holliday
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could not wait to get started on the second Libby Lomax novel! A Night in with Marilyn Monroe follows Libby throughout the highs and lows in her life, but this time, she is ably assisted by Marilyn Monroe.
As I am more familiar with Marilyn Monroe than I am Audrey Hepburn it was easier for me to picture her in my head. Lucy Holliday creates her character beautifully and the reader feels sorry for the troubled actress. Libby is more likeable in this book (although no less oblivious) and I still feel that the author tends to go overboard. A situation that would be really funny, then becomes ridiculous and unrealistic. I sympathised with many of Libby's thoughts and feelings, although she does have some flaws. But then, the character wouldn't be so relate-able if she didn't.
It took me just four days to tear through this book, I really couldn't put it down and I cannot wait for the next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment