Thursday 12 May 2011

Book review: The Stand by Stephen King

The StandThe Stand by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Stand by Stephen King

When I started this, I expected this to be my favourite King book, if not my favourite book of all time. I'd read Under The Dome first and the readers of that recommended this. I must admit, it took me a while to get into it. It seemed like the book started three or four times as it introduced all the main characters and I really struggled. However, as soon as I got over that hump I was in! The Stand just draws you in, you're completely absorbed in the storylines, the characters and the whole world that King creates. As soon as I finished it, the first thing I wanted to do was start again, but thanks to the growing heap of to-read books it'll have to wait.
I found myself holding my breath and on the verge of tears, smiling at the characters' accomplishments. And for once there was a proper ending, which normally King doesn't do. Having read a number of forums and message boards I know a lot of fans want a sequel and I second that! For King addicts, this book is like a bible and I completely understand that. I'm now officially a disciple of Stephen King. It doesn't get better than this.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment