Thursday 2 June 2011

Book review: Waterlog by Roger Deakin

Waterlog: A Swimmer's Journey Through BritainWaterlog: A Swimmer's Journey Through Britain by Roger Deakin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Waterlog: A Swimmer's Journey Through Britain by Roger Deakin

This review and rating is more a reflection of my likes rather than the book itself. Roger Deakin is a brilliant writer, there's no question in that. His writing is almost poetic full or rich similies and metaphors. The way he describes the rivers and the towns in which they reside makes the reader want to go there and visit. I unfortunately am not a fan of non-fiction, I struggle because of the lack of plot and 'the pull'. I wish I did enjoy travel writing, because if so this would be a definite five out of five. If I travel to any of the places mentioned in the book, I will be taking this book for me as a reference to the history and famous faces that go with the wild rivers, lidos and lakes.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment