Friday 19 August 2011

Book review: Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King

Nightmares and DreamscapesNightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King

I love Stephen King's short story collections simply because if you don't like one, you know that it'll be finished soon and you can move onto the next, not that this happens very regularly! My favourite stories in this collection were The Moving Finger, which was insanely creepy! I had to search my bathroom every time I went in there; The House On Maple Street where the kids get one up on their stepfather and The Ten 'O' Clock People, which is a genius piece of observation. Umney's Last Case, The Doctor's Case and Sorry, Right Number were also brilliant. The only story I didn't really like, and it was more of an essay anyway was Head Down. I'm British, have never seen a game of baseball ever played and don't know anything about it, so for most of that story I was lost!
Otherwise, an excellent collection, as always, from the master that is Stephen King!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment