Friday 12 August 2011

Book review: Tooth and Nail/Strip Jack by Ian Rankin

Tooth And Nail / Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus, #3, #4)Tooth And Nail / Strip Jack by Ian Rankin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Tooth and Nail & Strip Jack by Ian Rankin

I love Rebus, and it wasn't until I was reading two murder mysteries side by side that I realised how much a better writer Rankin is. Not only were the plots excellent, but Rankin injects little thoughts from Rebus that make you smile, even if you've just been faced with a bloody body.
The first book, Tooth and Nail was the weaker of the two. Rebus had been called down to London to help George Flight with a serial killer. Although it was good, I prefer Rebus in his own place, because something felt missing.
Strip Jack was brilliant. Rankin juggles a lot of characters but makes it easy for the reader to follow them all, as always, the ending is a surprise and every word is perfectly written!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment