Wednesday 1 January 2014

It's A Kind Of Magic...

What would you do if you had magic powers? It's one of those questions, like, 'if you had three wishes, what would they be'. Everyone has an answer.
I must admit my answers are quite boring I think, in the grand scheme of things. If I had the ability to do magic I would use it to make the life that I have easier, it would be magic for convenience. The ability to iron my clothes, and change the colour of them, make them fit better. I would have the ability to teleport. In fact, this is the one I would probably use the most. If I could teleport to work I could have a lie in. I'd be able to go and visit friends and family in Sussex in the blink of an eye without having to spend countless hours on public transport and waiting on cold platforms. I could pop down in the morning and then pop back in time for volunteering. I could use it to visit the entire world but return to the comfort of my own bed and the cleanliness of my own bathroom. And all for free!
I would love to have the ability to travel through time as well as space, go back to relive amazing moments within my life, spend time with those that have gone. Or travel back in history to witness momentous events.
I would use my magical powers to make the world a more beautiful place, make flowers grow or clean dirt off the streets. But I wouldn't use it to alter life or death events. I'm not God or Cupid, it's not my job or responsibility.
I would use my magic powers to make the house a little tidier. Picture the Weasley household, spoons stirring pots, dishes washing themselves. I expect I would use it to gain a little money, because, let's face it, who couldn't do with a bit of extra cash. But I would also help my friends and family anyway I could, magically change the wallpaper, provide an endless supply of Dominoes.
I think at school it would become the most useful. For the children who struggle to read it would be incredible if the books sprung to life in front of their eyes. Can you imagine the look on their faces if The Gruffalo walked through the door? And at choir if I could magic up a stage, microphones and costumes with a swish of my hand?
I think over all, the magic I have would be magic of convenience.

This post was inspired by... http://dailypost.wordpress.com/category/daily-prompts/

No comments:

Post a Comment