Tuesday 7 January 2014

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

The mind is a funny thing. It can remember song lyrics from your childhood, but don't ask it to recall what you had for lunch yesterday.
To remember the important, and not so important, things in life we invented mnemonics. The title of this post is a way of remembering the colours of the rainbow. Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain, Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet. It's not exactly an essential part of life, but one day when you're asked what the fifth colour of the rainbow is it will come in handy. There is also My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets, Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto. Although these days, it will just stop at Naming.
When I was at school my friend Cat told me a brilliant way to remember how to spell necessary. She said 'when you go out you need a coat (c) and a pair of socks (ss)'.
Anyway, I feel like this post is rambling on a bit. My challenge was to use the colours, either by picture or word and I have written them and shown you the colours, so that'll do!

This post was brought to you by brainwaves, inspired by... http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/daily-prompt-colors/

No comments:

Post a Comment