Saturday 4 January 2014

New Girl

At the moment, all of the Daily Prompts seem to be about 'new', new things, new years resolutions and to be honest it's getting quite old! Nevertheless, I have actually tried a lot of new things lately and only one person has to ask before I start to rabbit on about all of them.
For ages I have wanted a tattoo. I spoke to friends and family about it and all had different opinions and different reasoning. My Mum thinks they look dirty, my Nan on the other hand was (surprisingly) supportive. I think she's living her youth through me, although she does own a leather jacket.
When it came to getting a tattoo there was one thing I was unmoving on. It had to mean something. I love reading, writing, all things wordy and I wanted a quote, some initials or an extract as my first quote. It also had to be something my opinion wouldn't change about. I didn't want to get ink and then regret it later. So I decided on my parents initials. My Dad is Kevin John Wadey, my Mum Karen Jean Wadey. Getting the tattoo itself was also spur of the moment. I was trying to find a time when my Mum and I were both free so she could be with me. Stuart (the lovely man in Fineliners in Oswestry), said: 'What about this afternoon?'
Growing up I was always quite 'mumsy', mature beyond my years, and the word sensible would pop up often when describing me. So getting a tattoo is something that was definitely outside of my comfort zone and despite my promise to Helen to not become addicted, I already have three more designs in the pipe works!

This post was inspired by... http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/daily-prompt-new-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment