Wednesday 13 April 2011

Book review: Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose

Band of Brothers : E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's NestBand of Brothers : E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest by Stephen E. Ambrose

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose

I'd never read a non-fiction book before, apart from autobiographies, so I was a bit reluctant to pick this up. However, I'd seen the series and wanted to know as much as possible about the men of E Company. Ambrose is brilliant at bringing the places and battles to life and describing the battles involved. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because I sometimes struggled with remembering who was who, the injuries they had suffered and what they had done. After watching the series, I could easily put a name to a face which definately helped. I'll even admit that at the end I cried. This is a phenomenal book and series which everyone should read and watch.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment