Friday 29 April 2011

Book review: The Innocent by Harlan Coben

The InnocentThe Innocent by Harlan Coben

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Innocent by Harlan Coben

Harlan Coben is one of my favourite authors, but this book isn't one of his best. It started off, like all brilliant Coben books with several starts, all to be revealed at the end. I enjoyed the chapters in second person ('you do this...'), it made it much easier to see it from the main character, Matt Hunter's, point of view. I liked Matt and sympathised with him, but the story wasn't really about him, it was about his wife Olivia and all her secrets. I felt the book lost 'the pull' about halfway through and I guessed some of twists before they happened, especially the last one. There were also far too many characters. I had to stop and think about who was who and how they related to the case. However, saying that, I enjoyed reading about Loren Muse. She's appeared before in another book.
Overall three stars, a good book, but not as good as the others.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment