Monday 18 April 2011

Book review: Being Human: The Road by Simon Guerrier

Being Human: The Road (Being Human Novels)Being Human: The Road by Simon Guerrier

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Being Human: The Road by Simon Guerrier

I'm a massive fan of the Being Human series, and I was a bit sceptical about the accompanying book, but my aunt, also a big fan of the series, recommended it to me. I've read other books from TV shows, such as CSI and Dr Who, but my main problem was that Being Human is a series and has an ongoing storyline every week where as the other books (from TV Shows) I've read are distinct and you can read them (or watch them) without knowing the back story. You can't with this, not that it personally mattered, but it felt like a part of the book was missing. The plot otherwise was good, intriguing and I didn't guess the ending at all and the quality of writing was good, but other points let the book down. For example, the writer didn't capture the characters very well. There were a few moments with George, where he nailed it, but I found myself shaking my head when a character did or said something more often than not. If I find another Being Human book by a different author then I'll check it out, but if not, I'll stick to the TV series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment