Monday 4 April 2011

Book review: The Moses Stone by James Becker

The Moses StoneThe Moses Stone by James Becker

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Although technically I am currently reading it, I haven't actually read it for ages, I'm stuck about three quarters of the way in it and I keep getting distracted by other books. It just hasn't got the momentum I would like.

The Moses Stone by James Becker

I have moved house twice since I started this book. There are some things that James Becker does well, especially tension. The parts of the book where Bronson and Angela are running through the steets, followed by armed men are great. I often found that I was holding my breath and only released it at the end of the chapter. This book made me want to visit the numerous locations it talks about. It would also make a great movie with it's half-blind villians and chase scenes through busy town centres.
However, there were several points that let it down. The characters of Bronson and Angela were a little bit one-dimensional and some of the dialogue they exchanged was unrealistic. The statement I made before about the book having no momentum I'm sticking to. The last few chapters that I read should have appeared much earlier, as a result the end of the book seemed rushed.
Overall, the book was a bit of good fun, but it's nothing that could be taken too seriously and the majority, if not all of the characters hadn't really been developed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment