Tuesday 5 April 2011

Book review: Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

Pirate LatitudesPirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton

It took me a long time to read this book and I'm not entirely sure why. The writing was good, the characters each had unique attributes and were developed and the plot was exciting and full of action. Yet for some reason it look me months to read it! Normally, I read Michael Crichton books within a matter of days, although with those books I had the advantage of seeing the films first (Jurassic Park and Sphere), so I knew the plot and I knew what to expect.
Overall, I'm giving it three stars because it didn't have the initial grab that I look for in a book, although it certainly picked up towards the end. I remember when I started reading it that I was also confused by all the characters. Hunter's crew are introduced all at once and trying to remember which name belongs to which character is difficult.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment